December 1, 2013

Monday Mischief: Flea Infestation Turned Inspiration!

Pretty much every year, my sister (the excellent artist who painted my pups for my blog header) and I head over to my other sister's house to paint her windows for Christmas. (You can revisit previous windows in a guest post I did for Peggy's Pet Place last year, including tips if you want to paint your own windows!)

If you've seen the post I did for Peggy's blog, you know that my sister's dog Indy is always front and center ('natch!) for the paintings. 
Indy (She loves me. The feeling is mutual.)


Well, earlier this year Indy had her first ever flea infestation, which became the inspiration for this year's window:
Indy and her all-flea mariachi band
That's right - it's Fleas Navidad! Complete with a flea mariachi band, and Indy wearing a Christmas/Mexican flag-colored serape.
The full window, with poinsettias on either side
My sis and Indy in front of the window
In keeping with the international (and red, green and white theme), we have a Bone Natale banner in the other window (where my sis's tree will later be) and trees with bone-ornaments on either side.
Bone Natale!
As I mentioned in last year's write up, the whole process would go a lot faster if we didn't go outside every 5 minutes and comment on how cute it is! (But it's so darn cute, we can't help ourselves!) 

Pretty good mischief, eh, turning a flea infestation into creative inspiration?

Thanks to Snoopy’s Dog Blog, Alfie’s Blog, and My Brown Newfies for hosting Monday Mischief! (Hop links are below.)

In Other Wee Giveaway News...
If you like chick-lit/fun women's fiction books, my new book, Rescue Me, Maybe, is part of a BIG giveaway of 29 (!) signed paperback books. You can enter here

Also, come back Wednesday, because I have my own special giveaway planned that might help you with your holiday gift-giving!




28 comments:

  1. Bravo the window is great. What fun.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed turning lemons into lemonade! Great window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That window gives a special look :)
    Welcome to join my blog
    Yourspecialdog

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at your inspiration! Love the flea band... well, love it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable, but I am sorry where the inspiration came from....Fleas are not a lot of fun in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it wasn't that bad of an infestation. My sis noticed the fleas and went on the offensive right away!

      Delete
  6. That's too funny...and what great work! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! That is so creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that painting. Look how multi talented you are. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for helping. Pretty damn cute, if we do say so ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hate fleas but that is a beautiful picture window!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT!!! And how did you know that this is how we always sing that song? Actually, when the kids were little they'd sing, "Fleas never die". The windows look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun window! It brought back memories of when I was little our poodle would always get on a bench and look out the window. We would paint a christmas wreath on the window where she was always looking out!
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea, but now I have the song stuck in my head.

    It's been a long time since we've had fleas, and I'm finally able to think of them as funny, instead of the disastrous tiny monsters they are..

    ReplyDelete
  14. The post you did for my blog is one of my favorites, and I'm excited to see the new windows this year. Sorry about the fleas, but it made for some cute paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those windows look totally pawsome! *Waggy tail*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your sister was able to keep her sense of humor. Fleas are no fun--navidad or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So creative! I love both ideas and the paintings are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so awesome and clever I love it, you gals do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so clever and creative! I love the whole tradition too....it must be so much fun to come up with the ideas, and then do the actual work together too. I love the dog and cat one you did last year too, as well as the one with your angel dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is AWESOME! What a fantastic family tradition. I think it's one of the best ideas ever! Now you'd better start thinking about next year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very creative, I'd never have thought of that one! Love it! :)

    I hope you're having a fun day,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is an adorable idea but Mom can't even draw a stick person, so I don't think she should mess up our windows. We will just add some extra nose art.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so adorable! And REALLY creative. :-)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh - how clever! I love it! I would have stopped often too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would have gone out every few minutes too!!!! Very very clever and cute and well done. Meghan from 2catsandacattledog.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.