October 3, 2013

Mirth Watch Thursday: That Infamous Cupcake Dog

On yesterday's post, the first comment made me laugh. It was in regard to this picture:
Andrea of This Pug Life said, "She reminds me of that infamous cupcake dog in the first pic. :)"


I had forgotten about "that infamous cupcake dog," until I googled it and found this:
Oh, yeah! Stains! (The dog's unfortunate name...) I can relate, Stains. I get a look on my face like that too when I see cupcakes. Stains apparently became fairly famous from this, as I found another video showing him being named Entertainer of the Year on The Soup.

I'd planned to share a different cute video - of a baby elephant trying to wake a sleeping dog - but it's not on YouTube, and Blogger will only let me share videos that I have on my machine, or from YouTube. So... if you want to see a cute vid of a very persistent elephant and a VERY sleepy dog, click here

So cute at the end when the elephant grabs the dog's feet with it's trunk! I do the same with Rita when I'm trying to get her up. (Well, except I gently tug at her feet with my hands, not my nose.) 

And if you have time for one more video... stop by This Pug Life and find out what an unhappy pug sounds like. Wow. Hollywood should use these guys for the soundtrack for horror films! The screams! The weird noises! 

One other non-video related thing...
Today I'm being interviewed on the Chick Lit Central blog. Melissa had some fun questions like, "What is the easiest thing about writing a dog as a character? Most challenging?"; "If you could choose one of your books to be turned into a movie, which would you pick and who would you cast in the lead roles?" and "Since you and your dog enjoy reading together, what is your dog's favorite book?" And... there's a giveaway you can enter to win a print or ecopy of Rescue Me, Maybe!
The proof that Rita & I enjoy reading together...

BTW... I'm trying out a new font. It looks HUGE in "compose" mode, but okay when I preview it. What do y'all think? Easier to read than the old smaller font?

Don't give your dog any cupcakes, and have a Happy Mirth Watch Thursday!

25 comments:

  1. Oh, the elephant video is very cute. That's one sleepy pooch. And Indy was disturbed by those pug noises. The chicken in the elephant video should could care less about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita is about that hard to wake up too!

      I had to turn the sound way down on the pugs so Rita wouldn't be disturbed.

      Delete
  2. I thought the dog was dead at first, who could just lay there with the elephant trumpeting in your ear? LOL

    Love the font, and congrats on the interview which reminds me to get my butt in gear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured that I will NEVER share a video of a dead dog here! :)

      The font doesn't look all that different to me here in "published" mode. It looks HUGE in "compose" mode. Weird.

      Delete
  3. Having been awakened at 5:30 this morning by Mr Reggie, it is beyond my wildest dreams to think about a pup that I would have to nudge to get up! Love it! And my old eyes like the new font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Rita's best quality that she likes to sleep in!

      Delete
  4. Your font looks fine. And OMD! I've never seen the cupcake dog! HILARIOUS!!! I have cupcakes in the kitchen (the downside of kids who work at Panera), but I don't think I'll try that with Flash and Patches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview!

    No cupcakes at my house, much to the dogs' disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drats we are a cupcake free zone....so cruel. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruel indeed! (But probably less cruel than waving a plate of them in your face...)

      Delete
  7. I'd never seen Stains before...he's great

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD, I've never seen the cupcake dog before! SO funny and yet I feel so bad for him! And the dog with the elephant... so funny that the dog just will NOT get up, but mostly I was impressed how sweet they both seemed. The dog was so patient and tolerant, and the elephant was so gentle.
    Really great interview! And wow, that's some cast you've got for What the Dog Ate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sis is seeing a friend this weekend who works as a casting director in Hollywood. She's bringing her a copy of What the Dog Ate! :) A girl can dream...

      Delete
    2. !!!! I see a meeting with a screenwriter in your future ;). Yes, a girl CAN dream!

      Delete
  9. I like the font. I am old and have old eyed so bigger font is always better. Great video too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They DO both have the same expression. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog Jackie! I will definitely check out your books. LOVE the pictures of the dogs on your header!!

    That is one really tired dog in the video with the elephant. :)
    xo Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the first we had heard of the cupcake dog! Thanks for sharing the video so we could catch up! Poor pup going through life with the name stains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great videos :-) Love the new font!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the frown on Rita's face, it's like she is really following the words on the pages. I often wonder what dogs think when we sit and look at things they would prefer to chew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember Stain! He was all over the interwebs a few years ago and Rita definitely looks just like him.

    The video of the baby elephant trying to wake the dog made my night. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never saw the cupcake dog before either...poor guy! I have a recipe for "pupcakes" that I might try for the next birthday!
    I enjoyed reading your interview!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.