February 11, 2013

Monday Mischief: Rita's Valentine

I saw on the news today that the National Retail Federation estimates that American's will spend $850 million on their pets this Valentine's Day. Just for fun, I looked up what the NRF estimated last year for pet spending and it was a mere $562M. Holy Woof, that's  BIG jump - more than a 50% increase (63% to be exact).

Since I spent zero on Rita last year for Valentine's Day, I guess I'll spend 63% more on her this year too. Yep, still zero.

But don't worry, Rita has her very own Valentine, Rocket, and he looks out for her on Valentine's Day. Last year he sent her this fine monkey hat:
And you can see how much she loved it!


She loved it a lot.

A whole lot.
 He also sent her this adorable pink monkey toy:
She loved this so much it's one of the few toys she actually destroyed. That's love.
A not-great pic, taken w/ my iPad, but still sweet...

And this year he already made this special video for her.

They've got moves! Such a cute pair.

I can't share what she's sending him, since I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I'll probably share on Valentine's Day. 

What about you? Do you buy a Valentine's Day present for your pet? Or does your pet have a Valentine?

22 comments:

  1. Good thing Rita has Rocket!
    I won't be shopping for a gift for Finn, nut if I happen to see something in the Valentines for Dogs aisle....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yeah, if you happen to see something in the Valentine's aisle for dogs... well, you can't pass that sorta stuff up!

      Delete
  2. What a cute monkey toy, I like the video too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita loved her pink monkey toy. I wonder if she misses him??

      Delete
  3. I buy my guys lots of stuff, but I can't say I've ever bought them things for V-day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - birthday presents, gotcha day presents, xmas presents - but I'm stingy on Vday. Maybe because I think it's a silly made-up holiday?? (Yes, I was single and bitter for a long time...)

      Delete
  4. Aw! How cute that Rita has a Valentine that sent her gifts last year!! Love the monkey hat LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Rocket is such a sweet Valentine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet and cute too! Too bad he is her long-distance love. Hopefully they'll meet someday.

      Delete
  6. Oh boy, another reason to feel guilty. I don't think my dogs will notice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. Yeah - don't tell them. Hopefully they won't notice all the ads on TV and the flyers in the mail!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Rita will probably get a V-day treat as well - but it will probably look like the treats she gets every other day... :)

      Delete
  8. I never get anything for Valentine's Day. Rita is so lucky to have a wonderful Valentine who sends hr presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's a lucky girl! She has the best, cutest boyfriend ever. (She's a little concerned though because she recently found out she weighs a lot more than him...)

      Delete
  9. Those two sure have the moves...Gizmo is taking his sweet gurldawg furriend Misaki to Molly & Alfie's Valentine's Ball and they'll be dancing the night away there...But no, I did not buy him anything special just for Valentine's Day...He gets spoiled every day so no need for anything extra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the every-day-spoiling thing!

      How fun that Gizmo has a date for the ball! :)

      Delete
  10. I loves my Love Bunny Rita!!!!!!!!! SMOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!!!

    My dearest sweetness, I'm putting your V-gift(s) <----yes, that's an "S" - in the mail tomorrow so it'll be to you right smack dab on Valentines!
    I hope you will be my Valentine my love muffin!

    - Your MBBVP Rocket


    P.S. Any other boy dogs reading this better back off!!!! SHE'S MINE!!! I can bite! I don't, but I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita is very excited to receive your gift(S) Rocket. She definitely wants to be your special furry Valentine - as you'll see when you receive her card. Hopefully it will be there in time for the big V Day!

      Delete
  11. What an awesome video, looks like they've been practicing lots!!

    Loving that monkey hat, if you've got to wear a hat, then that would be the one I'd choose!

    And as for a valentines date, I've gone the unconventional route and I'm up to a little mischief! Tee Hee

    Wags to all,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.