December 20, 2012

Have You Seen This Man?

I've decided to start a new thing that I'm going to call Mirth Watch Thursday. It'll be a little silliness from me or from somewhere else on the web to (hopefully) make you smile and/or laugh each Thursday as we round the bend toward the weekend.

So, to kick off Mirth Watch Thursdays, I give you: A composite sketch of Rita's fears:
Have you seen this man? He may be armed and is considered dangerous. (At least, by my dog.)

He is most likely a man. (Although a woman wearing everything this guy has on, minus the mustache, would still be scary. And with the mustache, even more scary).

He may or may not be wearing a floppy hat. The floppier, the scarier.

He most likely has on dark sunglasses.

Facial hair is not a must, but does up the level of fear, especially if there is an abundance of it.

He will likely have earphones. Earphones = evil. (I don't know why. They just are. Even a sweet old lady with earphones is subject to Rita's stink-eye.)

He wears a backpack and it's probably filled with all sorts of evil things. Or lunch. It really doesn't matter. The pack itself is the worrisome part.

He may or may not be carrying a walking stick. Or a lacrosse stick.  Or a pool skimmer. Or a pool cue. Or even a plastic shopping bag. (Rita is very pro reusable bags!)

If you see this man (or woman), stay back. He is considered to be extremely dangerous by one neurotic dog.

(The really funny thing about this is that I swear we saw exactly this guy last weekend - after I had drawn this - while out on our walk. Everything but the walking stick! I kept turning around and staring at him because it was so perfect, but I think he found it a little disconcerting.)

In Other News...
I'm so excited, I just had to share here - my novel What the Dog Ate made the Petside.com list of the "Best Dog Books of 2012"! There are some books on this list I've been wanting to read (especially Sophie: The Incredible True Story of the Castaway Dog) so I'm excited to be in their company!

Hope you enjoyed the first installment of Mirth Watch Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. So did Rita have a cow when she saw him on that walk? Dogs are such odd creatures. I sure wish they could talk. Wait ... I saw Up! Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that guy and I'm in Rita's camp on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You really should share this post on a Throwback Thursday hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize there was a TBT hop. I'll have to seek it out next week!

      Delete
  4. I had to come back and read it to and agree with Sue ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.