September 26, 2013

Mirth Watch Thursday: Clumsy Can Be Cute

Yesterday, Rita had a golden opportunity to shame the Momma. So many things that the Momma does that she's embarrassed about... So little blog space...

If Rita had a video camera handy, she could record how clumsy I am and shame me with that. It would totally be payback for the "Pancake Catching Fail" video. She could do a whole compilation video of me running into walls and tables and bruising myself on drawers and various other objects that LEAP out into my path over the course of my day.

Lucky for me, she doesn't have a video camera.

But.. I found this dude on YouTube who has a really cool super slow-mo camera. And he has clumsy dogs. (Clumsy dogs are dogs after my own heart!) And, bonus, they are super cute dogs too!

Enjoy:


Rita and I can totally relate to these pups not being able to catch! How about you? Are you clumsy too, or is it just me and Rita? ...And these cuties in the video. How about your pups?

That's it - just a quick Mirth Watch post today! It's been busy, busy around here with the launch of Rescue Me, Maybe.

Now, go forth and be mirthful! 

14 comments:

  1. Clumsy no but sometimes we don't pay enough attention....particularly when squirrels are about. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden LOVE the video. The slow motion is something mom is learning to do. The video is made on Sony so mom will learn someday. Golden Thanks for sharing. I think the toy is just big and the bounce effect is not effective for a good catch. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Love those pups! Glad to see the Australian Cattle Dog finally caught the ball at the end.

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Video!!! Having no snout we don't catch anything HA HA but an occasional piece of popcorn maybe!
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE don't catch at all, but maggie will run with the ball...
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents spent a lot on years of ballet for me so that I could walk into a room without falling down.

    Didn't work.

    My Poodles, on the other had, move like prima ballerinas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents spent a lot on years of ballet for me so that I could walk into a room without falling down.

    Didn't work.

    My Poodles, on the other had, move like prima ballerinas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how they just keep going after that ball and can I tell you how much I'm loving your book right now!! Woot, woot you hit this one out of the park my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course those poor pups in the video were playing fetch downhill....so when they make a mistake gravity takes over and really screws em! That ACD needs to go on a diet, that's for sure! He rippled as he ran!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, clumsy is cute. I went back and watched the video of poor Rita getting bonked with pancake bits. Looks totally familiar! And these dogs in the video... poor babies, it's funny, but at the same time, I feel bad for them. Like I feel embarrassed *for* them.
    And me, oh Lord, the ever-present bruises on my legs give away my clumsiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am clumsy too and the dogs mostly gman use me as a trampolene when getting in and out of bed. I have tons of brusing from that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie and I are not really clumsy, but my little sister Bailie is very clumsy, kind of that awkward teenager look too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love that video. I forgot to watch their ball catching attempts because I was totally distracted by the slow-mo actions of flying fur. Wow. I wish I fully committed to things like dogs do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dogs would win on this one, because I am hopelessly clumsy. Things jump out in front of me all the time, and I often don't know exactly where my various body parts are. I hit my head all the time if I am under anything, and quite often walk into door jambs.
    The dogs are pretty graceful...our late Golden, Moses, was the only clumsy one, he wasn't really very good at catching the ball, Cricket could always get under him and get it first!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.