June 18, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: The Preferred Part of a Pig

A while back I posted about what's the best part of a dog. (I said it's the ears.) In keeping with that "what's the best part" theme, we recently let Rita decide what was the ... well, not best (we only gave her two options) but better part of a pig. I present:

Ear vs. Pizzle
We gave Rita the option of either having a pig's ear or a porky pizzle twist. Would she agree that the ears have it? Or would the pizzle proudly point a path to preference?

It was a tough decision...
"Decisions, decisions. Calculating weight-to-porky-goodness ratio..."

But in the end... she only had eyes for...
"Can't I just have them both?"
The pizzle. Winner!
"Mmmm. Fanks, M'outta here."
"Please don't photograph me with my mouth full, Momma."
"Oh, all right... one quick snap... Now go away."
Next time maybe we'll try pizzle vs. heart (since Flea just posted about the pig Pumpers from Jones Natural Chews). Rita enjoys these experiments and says, "Keep 'em coming!" We may eventually end up with a whole bracket of pig parts.

(She still hasn't had the ear. Should have given it to her for her birthday!)

And... you still have until midnight to enter our KONG Premium Treats giveaway - check it out and enter here.

Happy Wordless (or, well, way-less-wordy) Wednesday!

25 comments:

  1. Aw, that must have been a fun experiment for Rita. Beamer loves the "which one do you like better" experiments too. I usually give him both choices in the end. I'm a sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experiments must be soo much fun. Mommie doesn't do those cuz there are too many dogs. We just get carrots and fruit :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rita - you faked me out! I so thought you were going for that ear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love pigs ears but we are currently trying out deer hooves. We think they are very expensive for what they are over here. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute if strange experiment. Whee sometimes try new food but the hooman says whee are too picky!

    Nibbles, Nutty, Buddy & Basil
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Choice. We have the same taste. Happy BlogPaws WW. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pizzle was a good choice. I think they last longer....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you made the tastiest choice. Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winner? Don't you mean Weiner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weiner! Ha. Why didn't I think of that??

      Delete
    2. That's why they pay me the big bucks. *snort*

      Delete
  10. We love love love love love spiral bully sticks...love love love them...did i say love before?
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indy gets neither of those things but I'm sure she would enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giz volunteers to help Rita out in the judging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute. I read that decision making challenges the dog and actually improves brain function.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesterday marked two months since we brought Reggie home. Any excuse to celebrate (well, actually, trying to calm the savage teething beast) -- I bought him his first deer antler. He loves it. I guess we'll try pig parts next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet my dogs would choose Pizzle too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made the right choice, Rita! I mean... uh... so that's what the wieners tell me, anyway. I know nothing about chewing on any part of a pig, I swear!

    They actually haven't tried the corkscrew pizzles yet, just the regular ones. We may take your vote of yummy and try those next.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent choice Rita! I bet it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Decisions, decisions. I choose . . . all of the above! I'll bet you got the ear, too, didn't you, Rita?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pack has never tried either of those treats. They are big fans of the hooves and antlers though. We are certain that Rita would live the heart treats, the pack goes a bit nuts for the dehydrated beef heart that we make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mom lets us choose too sometimes. She says it is interesting because often my sister and I will choose different treats.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll bet Rita is an accomplished taste tester! I think the swizzle looks like more fun, but I'll leave the tasting to Rita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh you're such a polite eater Rita! :)

    Enjoy,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.