September 24, 2012

Monday Mischief: How Rita Spent Our Vacation

I survived The Gulag
Hi everypawdy - it's me, Rita, again. I know I promised last week to tell you about my time at The Gulag, so here it is. Since it's Mischief Monday, let me just start by saying I didn't really get up to any mischief there. (Well, not too much anyway...) I was a very good girl! (No, it's my pawrents that got up to mischief - after all they left me to go to Maui!)

At The Gulag, they made me go on a diet and I think they drugged me! [Note from Rita's Momma - yes, they did probably give her less calories than we do, but that was a good thing since (1) the vet said she needed to lose a couple of pounds and (2) she was getting less exercise. And, yes, they gave her some benadryl to help keep her quiet since she was on restricted activity for 2 - 3 weeks because of possibly having panoesteitis.]

Here are some pics of what I did there. Mostly I had to work:
I had to guard the gate


Here is my beagle-tail flag; still on duty

I helped my Auntie with her gardening

I "helped" my uncle watch golf & poker (some of those guys are liars! I growled at them!)
I guarded my treats in the pantry

I helped my auntie work in her office.
Ok, I admit - it wasn't all hard work. I toke over my cousin's bed.
Speaking of my cousin, this is how we interacted most of the time. See how he is ignoring me? He is not a super big fan of puppies.
In his defense, he was not feeling well while I was there. I didn't know what was going on! Suddenly he was gone and everyone was sad. I had to do my best to try and make my aunt and uncle smile!  [Poor corgi Lou got pancreatitis while we were away, and had to spend a few days at the vet/nights at the hospital. Very scary, but he is much better now!]

Seriously - I was so confused while I was there! (Maybe it was cuz they drugged me!) I thought I was going to live there. After all, I used to live on the beach, and then I lived with a fawster mama, and another fawster mama, and then I lived with my real Momma, and then they took me to my aunt's. When Momma and Daddy came home late that night, I was sound asleep and they scared me - so I BARKED at them. My BIG bark! I thought they were INTRUDERS. Boy, was I embarrassed when I realized who it was! And then I was SO happy!

Meanwhile, this is all the mischief my pawrents were up to (again, without me!):

They went body surfing with some poodle!

And they played with the poodle and a crab!

And Daddy swam with the turtles!

And they ran on the beach with some doggies!

And they hung out on beaches (my favorite thing to do!)

And they crashed a wedding!

And they sat around watching the sunset and drinking BACON MAPLE beer! (Bacon!)

And back to the beach again! (Daddy is modeling his new cute shorts in his "which way to the beach" pose)

And they hung out with some strange Lab...
...and shared their cheese with it!!
Can you believe it??? Beaches and bacon and cheese!! Without me!

In all fairness, I have to say that I liked living with my auntie and my uncle. They were nice to me and we went on walks and I got to play with my UnbreakOBall (which I love!) and I got to sleep on the sofa. All in all, The Gulag is not too bad. And now, next time I go, I know that my Momma and Daddy will come back for me!

Still... I'm not forgiving Momma and Daddy too easily for all the mischief they made without me. I made them take me for a Flying Dutchman this weekend to try to get back in my good graces. (It worked...)

Also, don't forget...
If you want to win a paperback copy of What the Dog Ate, All Things Dog Blog is hosting a giveaway now until Thur, the 27th. Visit the site and leave a comment to be entered to win one of three copies.


10 comments:

  1. OMG! Ask mom and dad is the bacon maple beer was good. It sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bacon maple beer was very good! It's by Rogue and it's their "Voodoo Doughnut" beer, named after a doughnut shop in Oregon that makes a maple doughnut w/ a slice of bacon on top. We've been trying to find it again since we got back home. No luck so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were very helpful - gardening especially can be fun to help with!

    I cannot believe your pawrents cheated on you with a lab and a poodle and nameless other dogs! Gasp! Although, they probably only did it because they missed you so much they had to settle for second-rate dogs to be around. But sharing cheese? Gosh, I don't know... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, bacon maple beer sounds so good right about now! Awesome post and pics, Jackie. I'd enter to win a copy of What The Dog Ate if I hadn't already read it and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like your Mom and Dad cheated on you with TONS of other dogs!! Geeze! What's up with THAT!?

    So glad your cousin is feeling better now. Until you said he was a Corgi from the back view I thought he was a Sheltie!

    Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow we can't believe your people left you for all of that swimming water. That sure was some mischief!

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rita

    Glad you dished the dirt on your Mum and Dad buddy - Did they go on some Doggie Retreat without you? Could they have possibly have hung out with any more Dogs?! The cheek!! :)

    Were you keeping that wall up in the office Rita, looks like it will fall over any second if you stop keeping it up!! Haha

    Glad you had fun learning how to play poker, I haven't even managed that yet! :)

    Wags to all

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a nice visit!

    OMG, Bacon Maple Beer??? Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must track down this beer.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita is quite the storyteller! The Gulag - hee! Glad to hear she survived her time away from home. And thank goodness her cousin is okay! Pancreatitis - yikes!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments - even just a smiley face or a LOL will make my day. (Yes, my days are pretty easily made.)

PLEASE NOTE: Comment moderation is turned on for posts over 2 weeks old, so if you comment on an older post and don't see it show up right away, that's why.